#BeActive! Eat to win
Nutrition as a key to success in sports and a healthy life
A Specialised Nutrition Europe webinar on the role of food in sports and in the EU’s efforts to promote healthy & active lifestyles
Join us on Monday, 26 September from 14:00 to 15:00 CET. Register by following this link.
To #BeActive is more important than ever, as many of us have adjusted our daily routines during the pandemic and obesity rates are increasing. In a context of rising global food insecurity and rising prices, how to ensure education around nutrition and access to nutrition and changing lifestyle habits in Europe and beyond?
As part of the annual European Week of Sport (23-30 September), this webinar puts a spotlight on nutrition: A proper nutrition is essential for a healthy lifestyle, as it is for excellence in sports. From elite professional athletes to dedicated amateurs, millions of people across Europe embrace an active lifestyle and consume sports nutrition. In this webinar, we will not only hear the latest policy priorities from the EU institutions, but we will also get practical tips from a renowned nutritionist.
- Welcome and introduction – Udo Herz, President of Specialised Nutrition Europe (SNE)
- Keynote speech – Marc Tarabella, MEP, Co-Chair of the Sports Group at the European Parliament
- Tomas Kukal, Policy Officer, Sport Unit, DG Education, Youth, Sport and Culture, European Commission on how the European Commission encourages health and active lifestyles
- Rute Borrego, Registered Dietitian specialised in Sports Nutrition, Herbalife Nutrition Advisory Board Member for Portugal, on sport nutrition recommendations
- Arianna Fontana, Italian Olympic Athlete and Gold Medal Winner (2018, 2022) in Short Track Speed Skating on her first-hand experience on sport nutrition
FOLLOWED BY A Q&A SESSION
- Amelie Baracat-Empereur, Chair of the SNE public affairs working group
Register by following this link.
We are looking forward to connecting with you!
Specialised Nutrition Europe (SNE) is a partner of the European Week of Sport (23-30 September). SNE represents inter alia the manufacturers of sport foods – which are foods and drinks specially formulated to provide the nutrients and fluids sportspeople need as they play competitive sport or are involved in other intense muscular effort and/or to help post-exercise recovery. Sport nutrition seeks to address the nutritional needs not only of professional, but also occasional athletes.