SNE is proud to participate in the Opening Ceremony of the EU Week of Sport as Sport nutrition partner
Specialised Nutrition Europe (SNE), representing the specialised nutrition industry across the European Union, including manufacturers of sports food, is proud to participate in the Official Opening Ceremony of the European Week of Sport on 22 September in Vienna. This event is organised within the framework of the Austrian Presidency. SNE is also delighted to attend the Austrian Presidency Conference on the Economic Dimension of Sport, the preceding day.
Research continues to underline the importance of sport for individuals’ health and well-being, alongside the benefits for society and the economy.
SNE is convinced that physical activity plays an essential role in European citizens’ everyday lives.
As a representative of Sports food manufacturers’, SNE takes its responsibility very seriously to ensure the availability of safe and appropriate sports foods for consumers, across Europe, responding to consumers’ needs and expectations, and inter alia:
- Clear, legible and appropriate information on sports food labels, to ensure the correct use of the products;
- Nutritional composition adapted to sportspeople’s specific needs before, during or after exercise;
- The compliance with good manufacturing practices to prevent the presence of doping substances.
Since 2017, SNE has been engaged in an along-the-supply-chain Call for action on Sports food to highlight the need for specific provisions for sports food at an EU level. This industry initiative has allowed for the formation of an invaluable platform between ingredient suppliers and finished foods producers to ensure the supply of appropriate-quality ingredients for sports food.
President of SNE Udo Herz stresses: “SNE is proud to join the Opening Ceremony of the EU Week of Sport as a Sport nutrition partner. Nutrition is key in people’s everyday lives, and in the frame of high-intense/ extreme physical activity, nutrition is becoming even more important. Sportspeople need to trust the foods they are consuming, whether it is linked to their body’s performance, body’s recovery or sport competition’s results, implying the absence of doping substances in their diet. Sports food manufacturers under SNE umbrella are strongly committed to ensure consumers’ confidence in achieving these goals.”
For more information:
- Aurélie Perrichet, SNE Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Notes to editors:
- Specialised Nutrition Europe (SNE) is the trade association representing the interests of the specialised nutrition industry across Europe. SNE members are the national associations of 19 European countries including a majority of EU states and their members are the companies producing tailor made dietary solutions for populations with very specific nutritional needs. These include: infants and young children, patients under medical supervision, sportspeople, overweight and obese consumers, and those suffering from coeliac disease.