SNE webinar #BeActive! Online fitness session & sport nutrition recommendations - How to keep a healthy and active lifestyle?
Brussels, 2nd October 2020: As a nutrition partner of the European Week of Sport SNE organized a webinar “#BeActive! Online fitness session & sport nutrition recommendations - How to keep a healthy and active lifestyle?”, on the 28th September.
This event was an opportunity to embrace ‘practically’ the objective of the European Week of Sport, through a 30-minute workout with former Olympian Samantha Clayton.
Presentations from our elite expert panel, moderated by Mr Emmanuel Foulon (spokesperson of the European Parliament Sport Group, marathonist and sports TV columnist), covered the following discussion points:
- Why physical activity and nutrition are key ingredients in maintaining a healthy lifestyle;
- Mr Yves Le Lostecque (Head of Sport Unit, DG Education and Culture)’s insights on the European Commission actions to promote physical activity across Europe, in collaboration with sport partners via the #BeActive Campaign, Erasmus+ Programme and the TARTU Call for a Healthy lifestyle;
- Advice from Dr. Julian Alvarez (D., Ph.D., specialist in sports medicine and sports physiology, followed by a Q&A session) on the need for appropriate nutrition before, during and after physical activity, in order to enhance physical performance and avoid muscle injuries;
- The challenges of balancing parenthood, exercise and finding time for exercise, with some tips provided by Olympian Samantha Clayton, mum of 4;
- Remarks by SNE President Udo Herz on the importance to develop specific and science-based provisions for sports food across Europe, so that athletes and sportspeople can continue to benefit from high-quality, safe and appropriate sports nutrition products.
Did you miss the webinar?
Are you willing to see it again?
We’ve made it available for you through the following webpage:
If you wish to be kept informed on our upcoming events, follow us on Twitter, and don’t forget to #BeActive!
Specialised Nutrition Europe (SNE), proud nutrition partner of the European Week of Sport, and committed to the promotion of sport and physical activity among European citizens
Notes to editors:
- SNE members are the national associations of 19 European countries including a majority of EU states and their members are the companies producing tailor made dietary solutions for populations with very specific nutritional needs. These include: infants and young children, patients under medical supervision, sportspeople, overweight and obese consumers, and those suffering from coeliac disease.