The role of the Healthcare Professional
• Involvement in development and clinical evaluation of FSMP intended to meet the needs of patients related to a disease, disorder or medical condition.
• Assessing the individual patient – screening for malnutrition or risk of malnutrition related to their disease or medical condition.
• Recommending a suitable FSMP / nutritional intervention depending on the disease or medical condition, the stage of treatment and their nutritional status.
• Monitoring the use of the FSMP and the ongoing nutritional status of the patient.
• Advising the patient on continuation of the FSMP, adaptation of their intake during their medical management and, when suitable, discontinued use of FSMP.